Frequently Asked Questions
Are you thinking of planning a snorkeling trip to Belize? Or looking for the best beaches in Belize? Over the last 40 years we’ve answered so many questions about our Belize adventure packages that we’ve lost count. Here are the most common questions from travelers to Belize. If you have signed up for a trip, this is important information that you need to know before joining us. Please skim ALL questions and click to read the answers that apply to you.
Is this the right trip for me?
- I only want a one or two day trip, can I sign up?
- Can we rent your sports gear but stay somewhere else?
- Can’t we just rent a cabana without the package?
- Why are your prices in line with a fancy resort when you have rustic accommodations?
- Will I get bored being out on the island for an entire week?
- Will there be enough sea kayaking for an advanced kayaker?
- I am only interested in one sport. Do you offer a surfing only (or diving only, kitesurfing only, etc.) package?
- Do I need experience to join your trips?
- Who carries the gear on the river portages? I have a bad back and cannot help.
- I see I need a “buddy” for each activity. What if I am traveling alone?
- Do you charge a single supplement? I don’t want to share a room.
- Can I bring my kids along on your trips?
- How big are your groups?
- Can I visit your island if I am pregnant?
Understanding Slickrock’s trip schedule
- Why don’t you offer the Adventure Island at Glover’s Reef Half-Week options every week?
- Do I really need to fly in a day early as recommended on your “Our Hints For a Better Vacation” sheet?
- Why do we have to spend 2 nights in Belize City for the Adventure Island trip?
- Can we skip the orientation programs in order to have more time for diving (or kiteboarding, or surfing, or…)?
- How are the days on the island organized? Are activities set on specific days or is there flexibility?
How Do I Get Ready For My Trip?
- Do I need a passport?
- What will the weather be like on my trip? I need to know for packing.
- What do I need to know to get ready?
- Why do we need to bring money if your trips are all-inclusive?
- Is it customary to tip the staff?
- What kind of exercise should I do to get ready?
- What if I plan to travel as a single parent, or bring one of my kid’s best friends along? Are there any special rules about that?
- My trip is only a few weeks away but I haven’t received my T-shirt, and I am supposed to wear it when I meet my group. Where is it?
About The Island
- Where do we sleep on the island?
- What are the bathroom facilities like on these trips?
- How do people store valuables such as cash and passports while on the island?
- Is it possible to send and receive e-mail on the trips?
- Can I charge my batteries for my digital camera, video, etc. on the trip?
- Will insects be a problem?
What About Emergencies?
- Can my family contact me if there is an emergency?
- What happens if I get hurt?
- I’ve heard bad things about Belize City, are they true?