The reasons we made his family friendly surfing vacations list:
- Contrary to the widely held perception that Belize has zero surfing spots, it in fact does have at least one – the Long Caye Break on Glover’s Reef.
- The island is ideal for families wanting to live their own version of Castaway while catching a few waves on the side.
- The surf wave is located close to the shore so it’s quick to get out and back in and you can keep any eye on the kids.
- Our eco resort is off the grid powered by solar and wind.
- Guests get their own cabana with no distracting TV or telephones.
- When not surfing there are plenty of other water sports to do: kiteboarding, windsurfing, surfing, SUP, snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, kayaking.
- The virgin reefs easily accessible.
We could add a few more reasons why we’re on his family friendly surf vacations list:
- We offer special rates for kids 11 and under
- Kids also get additional discounts when combined with our Belize holiday packages for an extended stay.
- The memory of a vacation a special as this will live with kids their whole lives.
- For the really young members of your family, we have babysitters available if you make arrangements ahead of time.
- Kids have many activities they can participate in, even scuba diving (Kids ages 8 and 9 may take the Bubblemaker course which has a 6-foot depth limit and takes one-half day. Kids ages 10 and 11 may be able to dive as a regular diver, this age limit is under the discretion of our Dive Instructor. Kids ages 12 and over may get certified to dive, or take the one-half day Discover Scuba course if they wish. Scuba activities are limited based on age).
We love having kids and families on the island. And the kids love being there. However there are certain limitations family need to be aware of before booking family friendly surfing vacations on Long Caye. There is plenty for kids to do right on shore if they are too young to paddle. Kids love exploring the new environment and playing on the beach. However, we do not have guided activities or sport equipment specifically for kids, and each staff member has a full roster of duties on each trip. Our client to guide ratio is between 2 to 1 and 7 to 1, depending on the group size. This does not allow for guides to assist in the supervision that children require. Although Slickrock accepts children at a discount on trips, parents must be fully responsible for all aspects of monitoring their children. Due to safety concerns, we have set supervision procedures that parents are required to follow.