According to a Sept. 25 post on Surfertoday, team members Filippo van Hellenberg Hubar, Camilla Ringvold, Mark Abma, Max Blom, and Bruno Sroka, will each take a 2-hour shift during the day and then again at night in an attempt expected to last 11 consecutive days of kiteboarding. The expedition is part of the HTC Atlantic Kite Challenge and will depart from the Canary Islands and land in the Caribbean, covering a distance of 3,200 nautical miles.
Submit video: “Why I want to join the team in kiteboarding the Atlantic”
The sixth member of the team has yet to be selected, and according to this Oct. 1 post on the I K Surf International Magazine website, the team will chose the final kiteboarding member based on home videos submitted to the Enable Passion site where hopefuls can also sign up.
- Be available every Monday night for a Skype teammeeting
- Be available October 21st – 27th – to join our training week on the yacht along the Spanish coast from Alicante to Tarifa
- Be available November 16th – December 16th – to prepare in Fuerteventura, cross the Atlantic and have a kick-ass party in the Caribbean
- Minimum age 21
- Be able to ride 4 hours a day, for an extended period without getting the usual day/night rhythm
- October 6th – Deadline for application (23.59 CET)
- October 7th – Nominees are announced on Enable Passion website
- October 7th – 12th (23.59 CET) – Online voting
- October 12th – 14th The team will choose the 6th rider from the winners of the video contest after meeting in person (or skype)”
- October 15th Announcement of 6th Rider
Come on all you kiteboarders, surfs up!
And up, and up, and up….